I'm a title. Click here to add your own text and edit me.
Please Note: by placing a booking you are confirming you have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions as set out below.
All Positive Dog Services Training Commitment
All of us at All Positive will work with you, using scientifically proven, reward based training techniques. Our aim is to build on your relationship with your dog, to create the best team.
Class sizes are kept small to provide individual tuition and a relaxed environment. Classes are designed to be fun and rewarding for both dog and owner but in the interest of safety, responsibility and welfare we would like to ask you to please read carefully the information below.
Health and Safety
• All dogs attending class should be fully vaccinated and up to date with their boosters. Please do not bring your dog to class if they have been in contact with another dog infected by a contagious disease.
• We also ask that bitches in season are not brought to class. If you are unsure whether or not to bring your dog to class please do not hesitate to contact All Positive or speak with your Veterinary surgeon. If a dog is unable to attend classes, owners are more than welcome to attend without their dog in order to keep up to date with the training course.
• Owners are expected to clean up after their dogs in and around the training venue. Please ensure you come to class suitably prepared with poo bags to clean up any dog mess. Poo bags are also available in the training hall and outside arena if needed. Please don’t let your dog wee in the training venue or on equipment; accidents do sometimes happen, but please let us know so that the area can be washed down
• All dogs must be kept under control and on a lead, unless you are told otherwise (we do off lead work but this will be planned into the sessions to be able to meet dogs’ needs). If you are not clear whether you should have your dog on or off the lead when completing an exercise, just ask.
• You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training sessions and on site.
• Please follow instruction at all times to ensure health and safety of both dogs and humans attending
• Please attend the class with sensible shoe wear (no heels, closed toe) and weather appropriate clothing.
• Flexi/retractable leads are not permitted in class to avoid injury to others.
• Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
• Cars are parked at their owner’s risk.
• Our courses consist of weekly blocks rather than a roll-on, roll-off programme or random attendance. For optimum results, we hope that you will attend all the classes and complete the course.
• We plan for off lead socialising between dogs attending a class, in particular puppies but we will only do this if it is beneficial to the dogs.
• Occasionally, we may find that a class environment does not suit a dog or owner. Full discussion over the best way to proceed will be undertaken and this may result in us making alternative arrangements to help you.
• It is possible for older children to attend our classes. However, they must be supervised by a responsible adult who must agree to prevent them from disturbing the process of learning during the class. We also ask that you let us know in advance.
• We make every effort to ensure safety of both clients and dogs during the classes. By making a booking, you are accepting that participating in an activity with dogs and other adults may pose a risk to yourself and your dog, and you agree to indemnify All Positive for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you while attending the training classes. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to the class aware that they are also there at their own risk.
At All Positive we want training to be fun and rewarding for both dog and owner. In line with the most up to date research and animal welfare legislation, we ask you to take note of the following:
• We use positive training methods only. Harsh handling is not permitted in class (and is strongly discouraged in general).
• As such choke chains, check chains, prong collars, slip leads and punitive methods and manhandling are NOT allowed in classes. We reserve the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let us know.
• Please ensure you have lots of yummy treats and/or your dog's favourite toy available whilst attending training.
• Payment for sessions are made at the time of placing a booking and are not transferrable to other sessions.
• The price as advertised at time of booking applies.
• A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the session at no additional cost, as long as they meet the conditions of the session.
• Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you may cancel your purchase within a period of 7 working days after you place your booking. However, there is no right of cancellation where the activity begins within this 7 day period.
• Cancellations must be made in writing by email. If the cancellation falls within 7 working days of your booking date we will refund you, minus £5 admin fee. There is no right of cancellation where the activity begins within this 7day period.
• If you have a bitch we strongly advise you plan attending sessions. If you plan to attend classes around their season as we cannot refund your place if your dog comes in to season.
• We are not able to give discounts if you cannot attend every week of the course, the set fee for the course/activity needs to be paid.
Course Content & Material
All Positive Dog Services reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather, we will let everyone know who has booked in as soon as we can. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date. All Positive Dog Services will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
• At our outdoor venue please use the car parking space provided on site. At the hall, please use the designated car park outside the building.
• Smoking and vaping is prohibited on site.
• Please take away any rubbish you create.
• We have a designated dog toileting area adjacent to the car park.
• Please clear up after your dog and take it away with you.
• Cars are parked at their owner’s risk.
Data Protection and Processing
• We collect and process data to enable customers to be able to book services, find out about services and offers most suited to their needs and keep up to date with APDS news.
• Data will only be shared with selected Third party source(s) if absolutely necessary, for example if a different trainer is leading a session.
• Photo and Video Permission. Please note that photography and video recordings may be taken during activities at All Positive Dog Services. You may be included in these films and pictures, which could be used on online platforms and social media. By participating in All Positive Dog Services activities you hereby consent to all such filming. If you do not wish to be filmed/photographed, please just let us know at the start of the session. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you give South West Dog Skills permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog. You release all claims against South West Dog Skills with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER COVID-19***
As we phase back to classes, we will be implementing extra protocols in order to keep you and your families, your dogs, my staff, me and my family safe.
Please note that these protocols are non-negotiable and anyone failing to adhere to the terms we are putting in place will not be welcome to participate in class.
• Only one handler per dog can take part in the class. Family / friends may not accompany you into the arena, nor may they spectate from the fence. Anyone accompanying you must stay in the car. (exception is wheelchair handlers – 1 extra person).
• If you or a family member shows any symptoms of Covid-19, please notify me, and stay at home.
• Used poo bags must be taken home with you.
• You are welcome to wear masks or gloves if you choose to.
• Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your class starts.
• Please do not touch the gate.
• Rick will tidy away any equipment at the end of class.
• The gate and all equipment will be sanitised. A hand disinfecting station will be set up. Please disinfect your hands on entering and leaving
• You are welcome to use your own sanitiser
• Dogs must stay on leads for all the time that you are on site.
• Dogs must NOT approach or touch each other.
• PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH ANY DOGS OTHER THAN YOUR OWN
• Please park MORE than two meters away from another car and please be courteous when unloading your dog.
• Each dog and handler team will have their own training space. You will be directed to your space. Please stay within your space for the duration of the class.
• We will not touch your dog or hold your dog’s lead.
• Extending / retractable leads are not to be used in class.
• Please make sure you have all your belongings when you leave, anything left behind will be disposed of.
You will need to bring:
- A 6 ft/2 meter lead (normal clip leads only) to attach to your dog’s flat collar or harness
- Plenty of high value treats (a lot more than you think you will need), as we are unfortunately unable to give you some of ours to use.
- Make sure you have sufficient poo bags with you.
- A water bowl and bottle of water for your dog
- A mat or blanket for your dog
- A favourite toy for your dog
- A chew/kong/licki mat or something for your dog to do for when we are explaining something or your dog needs a break
The gates being touched by people arriving
When classes or appointments are happening at the centre Rick will be opening the gate 10 minutes before arrival and leaving gate open until everyone has arrived.
Risk germs passing on clients’ hands
Hand Sanitising Station will be provided for clients to use on the way in and out
2m social distance needing to be adhered to
Training pods minimum 4 meters wide will be set up for each client to enable the 2m rule to be followed at all times. Owners will be shown to their pod
Risk of infection in larger groups
The 6 people rule will be followed which means that there is only ONE person per dog allowed at the sessions Nobody under 18 to be in charge of the dog and NO children are currently allowed.
Clients who are isolating or have Covid symptoms attending lessons
Clients who are showing any possible symptoms CAN NOT attend lessons, also anyone who is self isolating should not attend. Likewise, if the trainer has any signs, they will not be attending and alternative measures will be taken.
Dog getting off lead/emergency situation
We will carry gloves and mask and hand sanitiser in case we need to help handle your dog for any reason
Dogs meeting and passing Covid on their fur/ or leading owners too close as they try to split them up
All dogs MUST be kept on leads and are not allowed to meet. Clients are not to touch any dogs other than their own, nor let their dog jump up anyone
Equipment passing Covid from client to client
Equipment used for the classes will be minimised. All equipment will be disinfected between each client and clients are given a kit list so they are bringing everything they need: toys, blanket, treats, water and water bowl. Trainers will not hold the dog’s lead
Please contact us with any questions